Please note: the information set out below is by no means ‘set in concrete’ and it is the interpretation of the meaning of the content from 3rd parties. It is not a guaranteed or to be used in any legal content by any party, group or individual as a basis for any future legal challenge. Regis Recruitment Ltd does not accept any responsibility or liability for the content provided. This information is not to be used as a substitute for any type of claim.
BEFORE 30 JUNE 2021
The main change is that the deadline for registration of EU/EEA workers who wish to apply for residency in the UK has been extended from 31 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
The main issue is to establish what duration period workers have currently earned up to in the 5-year period in the UK that is required in order to qualify. This could be:
1) That workers have resided in the UK for more than 5 years and have received a Home Office acceptance to remain.
2) That workers have applied for ‘Pre-Settled Status‘ and are awaiting an authorised acceptance from the Home Office.
3) That workers have applied for ‘Settled Status‘ and are awaiting an authorised acceptance from the Home Office.
4) That workers have applied for a family member or partner.
5) That workers have applied for a ‘FRONTIER WORKER PERMIT‘
To view your workers ‘right to work’ details, use this LINK.
AFTER 30 JUNE 2021
After 30 June 2021, the UK government will recognise all workers (EU and Non-EU) as one of the following:
UK WORKER – Those who live, reside or work inside the UK
NON-UK WORKER – Those who live, reside or work outside the UK
UK Border Control: The UK Border Control will no longer accept workers ability for ‘free movement’ to and from the EU to the UK.
After 30 June, if workers have not applied for Settled or Pre-Settled status, they will no longer be able to receive guaranteed acceptance into the UK and will have to apply to the UK Government for the correct immigration status.